My go-to lunch nowadays, has been this protein filled salad. It could easily feed two but I eat it alone and it keeps me very full until dinner. You can double the recipe and make it for dinner. My two year old loved to pick out the almonds and coconut flakes. She doesn’t like tuna but she loves this *salad.
- 1-2 tbsp of toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 hard cooked egg, sliced
- 1 can of salt free tuna packed in water (I like Raincoast Trading’s Solid White Albacore Tuna or Wild Planet White Albacore Tuna)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce or mixed salad greens
- A drizzle of compliant dressing (I make my own)
- Arrange the greens on a plate.
- Place tuna, sliced avocado and egg on top.
- Drizzle your dressing on top.
- Add toasted coconut flakes and almonds at the end for extra crunch.
*Arabic word for salad: salata